If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Easy Machine Embroidered Quilt- Tutorial Part 1


Quilt Top -ready to be sandwiched and quilted

If you are like me, and are a machine embroiderer who likes to quilt, you will be trying to work out new ways of showcasing embroidery designs. When I need to give a baby gift I try to make a machine embroidered quilt but of course want something that is going to be easy to stitch out and piece together. Then of course there is the quilting to come after.

 I am sure that someone may have already designed this quilt layout but I came up with this version while doodling on a piece of paper.The plus feature for this quilt is that there is no sashing to worry about, and once the squares are together your quilt just needs borders added. I have a June Tailor Shape Cut Plus and thought there must be a way to cut all of these strips using that fabulous tool. I have made a tutorial on how I have made this quilt .
This quilt is made using an Ace Points redwork set, with the designs taking at most ,10 minutes each to stitch out. This design set and quilt layout would make just as fantastic a quilt to give away to a man and would look great if constructed in other colourways perhaps even in sepia tonings.

Over the next few posts I am going to provide the step by step details to make this quilt from when the blocks have been embroidered until the quilt is finished.

1 comment: