If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 2 July 2011

Heirloom Garment Cover-Closet Safe

Heirloom Garment Cover-Closet Safe
The heirloom garment cover is finished but I still need to write the instructions.I have used one of the grid designs from Kenny Kreations.I have removed the grid centre of the design when stitching it out. The design is padded from behind to give a 3D effect.


Padded Behind Printed Fabric

 I have used my printing on fabric treated with fabric softener technique  You can easily make this cover in patchwork or fashion fabric,add more lace, ribbon etc. You are limited only by your imagination. I have added a pocket to the front lining section, much like in a bag and you can store accessories etc in it or used it to keep valuables in.

Inside pocket
There are no exposed seams in this cover and you will be surprised how easy it is to sew together once all the decorative stitching and lace application is done. This is a good entry level to heirloom sewing project without having to spend a lot of money on supplies.
Check back tomorrow for the instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment