If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday 4 July 2011

Princess Diana Doll


About 20 years ago I started making porcelain dolls and dressing them and that is when my love heirloom sewing began. One of my prized possessions is this 36 inch high doll of Princess Diana I made in 1998 after she died. I was and still am fascinated by Princess Diana and must confess to shedding a tear when the boys left for William's wedding and she was not there to see them. Princess Diana would have turned 50 years old on July 1 2011.
I tried to make the silk dress as true to her wedding gown as I possibly could. The train is not to scale though as it would have been way too long for the doll.The size of the doll makes it hard to store but she has pride of place on a chest of drawers belonging to my great grandmother in my bedroom. Every so often I have to give her dress a bit of a spruce up and dust down.

No comments:

Post a Comment