If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 30 July 2011

Sea Critter Quilt-work in progress


Sea Critter Quilt
 It has been a miserable overcast day here today so I have been working on my sea critter quilt. I am using the new designs from Hatched in Africa combining elements from both sets. I am also using the tube quilting technique  to construct the pieced blocks. I am still undecided as to whether to make the quilt 3x3 or 4x4. I am always trying to come up with new ideas for baby quilts that can be pieced fairly quickly. This quilt could be given to a boy or a girl and would not look out of place as a lap quilt or on a sofa in the summer.
I plan on writing up a tutorial to have as a download once the quilt is finished.

1 comment:

  1. So cute. Love the combined designs. I have a strip quilting book. Guess I should pull it out and try the technique. The blocks look like you spent hours cutting and piecing.

    ReplyDelete