If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday 11 September 2011

Versatile Extendable Tote Tutorial and Pattern uploaded

Today has been the most beautiful of spring days here in Tasmania, a fitting day for this most reverent of days as we reflect upon the tragedies that have unfolded around the world both on and since September 11 2001.
Lest We Forget


Versatile Extendable Tote
Versatile Extendable Tote 2

Since yesterday I have been working on this new bag. I started off in one direction and finished in another. I am very pleased with the way this bag turned out. I based it on my Versatile Tote pattern where you can showcase embroidery designs but of course it would be just as spectacular if made from fat quarters.The  main feature of this tote is the zippered section that can be undone extending the depth of the bag much like an expanding suitcase.

I have used the free cat design  FBFC121 generously provided by Suz from BFC Creations and used the small sized design and combined it with the medium sized design. I have combined them in my 140x 200 hoop (5 ½ x 8) inch hoop before stitching out.
You can find the tutorial and included pattern template for the base of the bag here. The pattern and dimensions do differ from the Versatile Tote pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment