If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday 8 April 2013

A little bit of a hitch

I was cutting out the final outside borer for my quilt (quilt as you go using the christening gown designs form the  Martha Pullen IEC) and there was a big hole the size of a dinner plate in the fabric right in the middle. I have had this fabric for a long time and knew I had just enough on the roll but had not checked. So I have got a plan. The final border will be joined in the centre of each side with a lace/ribbon strip over the top. I also had to change my design a little so that it would fit. I do not think it will detract form the quilt in fact it might break up the long pattern repeat of the side. I could have done a lot more with this quilt but  it is difficult when you are only working with about 5 designs.
 
The best thing about doing a quilt like this is that when you add the final section you are done apart from the binding. However, each side for the border will take at least 8 hours to stitch out.
 
 
Quilt top before final border


Final border design
 

2 comments:

  1. It turned out so pretty. I'd like to say that I'd make this as I have the designs but Vicki right now my life is so busy I don't want to ask you to write all that up. It just boggles the mind to think how much work it would take. You should show it to Martha P. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki the quilt turned out great.
    It is a credit to you.Such a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete