If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday 29 April 2013

Owl Quilt Progress and a Beautiful Aristocat quilt to look at

I have finally finished stitching out my owls and have put the quit together. I am still grappling with the fact that in retirement I do not have to go at warp speed to try and finish everything so have tried to slow down and take some time off to watch tv etc. whilst doing this quilt. I am feeling a little guilty that I need to do some more  Crazy quilt lessons as well as Block 4 in the Floral Sketches 2 BOM.
 

I am very pleased  with how this cot/lap sized quilt has turned  out. I have used stash fabric for the borders and the outer border has circles with brown specks that look very much like large owl eyes. I will bind the quilt in the blue fabric as well. I only had a metre of the outer fabric and used my favourite setting for making a  quilt with limited fabric. I also made the vertical border a little wider than the top and bottom borders to give the quilt more width. I hope this is not considered a crime by the "quilt police."
 
Just a reminder this quilt was made by using the machine embroidered Owl Tree designs by the Quiltery and adapting the machine applique quilt pattern to use as a base and layout.
 Hopefuly I will get this quilted over the  next day or so and will then send out the instructions to those who have signed up to receive these lessons.
 
Now I have this gorgeous Aristocat quilt to share with you. Rachel made this and it is just spectacular. I will be adding more of these intricate elements into our BOM's now that you all know how to make flying geese and half square triangles easily.
Rachel's Aristocat quilt
Be on the look out for a tutorial on starching, pressing and prepping fabric ready to embroider later on in the week.

1 comment: