If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday 12 July 2013

New busy work project

Many of you know that I love the projects that Bonnie Hunter over at Quiltville has. She has just started a Leader/Ender challenge for 2013 and this is just perfect timing for me as I have been cleaning out my stash and found lots of bits that I will never use in a quilt or project. This challenge is using split nine patches which you treat as large half square triangles.
 Bonnie uses 2/12 inch squares but I am using 2 1/4 as I found a heap of fabric squares that could be cut to that size. A leader and an ender are small piece fabric that you put at the beginning and end of chain piecing your main project. You just pick up scraps after you have cut them out and before you know it you have enough half square triangles etc to put into blocks. It is not intended that you sit down and make up block after block but I have made up two just to check out size etc.
 I have also included a small scrap from Tenai's owl table runner she is making. The girls have gone off to finish off hand sewing the binding on their zig zag table runners before they come back next Wednesday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment