If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Monday 16 December 2013

My Project Roundup

I have had a busy few days working on my projects. This has given me much needed thinking and pondering time. My old school wanted me to return to teaching for 2 days a week next year but as of this morning I have decided to continue in full time retirement. I have had a few sleepless nights trying to make this decision.


First up this week I have been working on Week 3 of  Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery 2013.  I needed to make 61 pinwheel units and 244 half square triangle units for  the Week 3 clue. To date I have cut 3580 pieces for the quilt. 
Celtic Solstice Week 3

Of course my number one and number two helpers have inspected my work closely.




Hallie seemed quite happy with my progress  and settled down for a quiet time. That was until  Misty arrived and she did not appear to like the centres of some of my pinwheels.
Think you had better get over here Mum and fix them up.


 
You can see what others are doing in this mystery by going to Bonnie's Link-Up Party page.

I have also been beavering away at the free BOM's that I am sending out at present to those who have signed up.

Block 4 in the BFC Creations Graceful Air, Land and Sea BOM has been sent out this morning.

Graceful Block 4
This completes the first row of this quilt
BFC Graceful BOM Block 1-4

 
 Block 7 in the BFC Creations Sassy Cats BOM has also been sent out to all participating in this BOM.
Sassy Cats BOM Block 7
Now that Blocks 1-6 are completed we have finished Row 1 of this quilt.
Sassy Cats BOM Blocks 1-6 


Block 37 of the Crazy quilt using Kenny Kreations Crazy quilt set has also been sent out. We are now up to stitching and embellishing purple/mauve blocks. We are well and truly on our way to making 64 blocks for this showpiece quilt.

Crazy Quilt Block 37
 

5 comments:

  1. Good to see those feline quilt inspectors keeping a close eye on your progress! Your colours are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colours for the mystery... very pretty blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a helper too, she's there to help me sew and iron.LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colors for the mystery. One of our girls on the facebook group Bonnie Hunters celtric soltrice won first prize with your BOM crazy cat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects! Love the colors you are using in Celtic Solstice.

    ReplyDelete