If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday 29 October 2014

A bit of this and a bit of that

Sorry about the long wait between posts. It seems that life gets on the way sometimes. I am thinking about setting up a Facebook page linked to this blog so that I can quickly put up a couple of words as  I think of things I want to share with you.
First up a couple of projects to share.

Kaye has finished her Graceful Air, Land and Sea BOM quilt. Remember that this BOM was run in conjunction with the birthday design set that BFC Creations released last year. I am anxiously waiting to see what their anniversary set will be for this year and what I  can do with it. 
Kay's Graceful Air, Land and Sea BOM Quilt

Elizabeth has made a fantastic table runner using my new Pole Twist Table runner pattern.

If you are looking for some patterns to make into charity quilts etc then it is worth taking  a minute to have at look at Shannon Fabrics free patterns.
They have some lovely patterns to use up your stash and with a bit of creative thought you can adapt them to using machine embroidered block inclusions as well.


I hope to get my Polka Dot giraffe quilt completely finished over the weekend so we shall see how I go. For those who have not purchased the designs as yet they are very heavily reduced on the Embroidery Delight website for a few days. I have been doing too much standing and cutting out and my feet are paying for it now as I do not wear support shoes inside the house but think that now has to change. Old age!

We had a lovely day on Saturday as we met for my mother in law's 80th birthday lunch. My Mum and I did the flowers for the tables and think we did a pretty good job seeing that we used only flowers from our two gardens and not a penny was spent. We had a lovely day with friends and family.
80th Birthday table flowers





No comments:

Post a Comment