If you are not doing what you love, you are wasting your time-Billy Joel

Print Friendly and PDF

Saturday 13 May 2017

Ragamatazz Quilt Tutorial Uploaded

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers. I had a lovely roast duck lunch with my lovely Mum today.

 Over the past week I have been busily been working on designing and stitching some new quilt tops for the local women's shelter. Those of you on the Facebook page would have seen them. I will upload the tutorials up as I do them. I have been concentrating on quick to stitch and quick to piece quilts that require approximately one metre of focus fabric.

I have stitched the Rag Train Plane and Boat designs from Hatched in Africa many times and had this set previously stitched and waiting for me to finally put this quilt plan into action. I have called this layout  my Ragamatazz quilt because your eye dances all over it. Each block has a partial seam in it and it is my go to block for the quilts I use in the Bridie's Blossoms packages.Once again I have added that little bit of black and white to bring some zing to it.My plan was to get that basket weave interlocking effect where the blocks meet.
Ragamatazz Quilt



 You can download the tutorial from HERE

Keep an eye out for the rest of the tutorials over the next week or so and also there is going to be a new BOM.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Vicki! I'm going to use this pattern for charity quilts.
    Regards, Tineke

    ReplyDelete